Several Errors occur while setting up a WordPress website, From it “Package Could not be installed. the theme is missing style.css Stylesheet” This error happens many times while uploading a theme in WordPress. It happens because of the theme Wrong file and the wrong arrangement of files.
WordPress has many conditions to follow while uploading any file on it. That may apply to your file type like Images (PNG, JPG, JPEG, GIF, etc.) videos (All Video format and Embed) and Zip (Theme and Plugins File). WordPress allows these file types with proper decoration means the arrangement of files and folders should satisfy WordPress guidelines.
The two common reasons causing such an issue “The package couldn’t be installed. The theme is missing style.CSS Stylesheet”.
- Wrong arrangement of theme file (Must be followed WordPress conditions)
- Missing of essential files like CSS file (style.css, blogpost page file, etc)
How to Solve this error:-
I’m not saying this very easy, In fact, while you uploading a WordPress theme check the theme properly.
- Inside your theme folder contain only theme file (Where ever you download the theme just extract & delete unnecessary Tutorial and documentation file)
- Check all the theme files are available in it.
Take a Look Here:
Here i have download a theme from themeforest.net
Extract the zip folder download from themeforest.net
here you can see the theme file with some additional file, Now avoid these files and extract only theme file
To avoid caching issues, Extract your installable theme file and again convert it into ZIP.
After complete All the above process:
- Go to your WordPress Login Panel and login to your website
- Click on Appearance inside your WordPress panel
- Click on Add New (to add New Theme)
- After that click on Upload a Theme
- Then click over choose the file (Choose the installable theme file, which was you prepared to install from your PC)
- then the last click over Install now
This is the process to Avoid “Package Could not be installed. the theme is missing style.css Stylesheet” Error. Just follow these simple steps and upload these successfully on WordPress. For more information Watch this Video Below:-